I had my first experience with acupuncture as a patient, to help me get over a broken heart. I was astounded by the fact that not only did the treatments help my heart and spirit mend, but my knee pain and sinuses did, too. I felt more comfortable in my own skin and more ease in life in general. Over time I became captivated by this medicine and found myself pulled to learn more about it.
I moved to Baltimore in 1988 to finish my B.F.A. degree and went into the high pressure world of publishing. I enjoyed it, but after my experience with acupuncture and after years of working in this deadline-driven industry, my heart lead me in a new direction.
I enrolled in the Tai Sophia Institute and I graduated with a Master's degree in 5-Element Acupuncture in 2004 and have been in private practice ever since.
- 1990 The Maryland Institute College of Art, BFA, Cum Laude, Printmaking
- 2004 Tai Sophia Institute Masters of Acupuncture
- 2004 National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Dipl. Ac. (NCCAOM)®
- 2008 Reiki Master Certification
- 2013 Karuna Master Certification
- 2017 Master Healer Certification